Wednesday, April 15, 2009

CTRL + ALT+ DELETE, you're gone

I was ironing a dress for a semi-formal I have on friday night, and got caught up in watching the latest episode of the Tudors. I guess in that 10 - 15 seconds, the iron developed and hot spot, and next thing I know, there is a singed circle about an inch in diameter smack dab in the centre of the skirt. I immediately think *SHIT..CTRL+Z..UNDO!

For that fraction of a second, I found myself reaching for an invisible keyboard. Then another fraction of a second later, I realized that in this situation, IRL, there's no such thing as an undo function. Working on a computer for 35 hours a week is really beginning to destort my sense of reality - as well as my expectations for my ability to control reality - someone REALLY needs to invent an undo function for everyday events.

In the mean time, I hope no one will notice the plasticy singe in the folds of my skirt on the dancefloor. Sigh.

No comments: