Thursday, January 3, 2008

Suffering from the EOVBs

As of midnight tonight, it will have been offically 31 days since my last stint in a classroom at York University. 31 glorious days of relaxing, playing video games, eating wayyy too much food and generally being unproductive (minus my few short shifts at work, of course). I woke up this morning (I can honestly say morning, 11:57 am to be exact), and had this strange tingly weight in my chest. I couldn't quite put my finger on it, until a tension spread to my throat and up my serabelum into my brain - "F*CK. I have class tomorrow".

Since a quick google search revealed nothing of the sort, I've decided to put down on the record a name for said type of depression and ill feelings related to the days post-vacation: EOVB, or "End-of-Vacation-Blahs". You probably giggled at that, but I honestly think psychologists and doctors need to take these emotions into consideration. I'm sure you've all felt such feelings of anxeity, despair, dread, and general depression upon returning to work/school/both (as in my case, boo), after a period of "free-time". Personally, the feelings only last a few days, maybe a week or so dependant on the duration of the vacation. But I can imagine that someone already depressed or, even worse, with some sort of mental illness, would be seriously affected by end of vacation depression.

I don't know about you, but as much as I generally enjoy school, I feel like I'm dragging around a ball and chain today. Boo. EOVB for sure.

1 comment:

J-DUB said...

I know exactly what your talking about I have experienced it in the past as well